Namaste! We are very pleased to inform you about our forthcoming Yoga Philosophy Day, where we will be offering an interpretation of profound philosophical concepts in a way that is understandable, useful and practically applicable. While it appears to be an abstract subject, yoga philosophy is actually one of the most powerful practical aids for dealing with life’s challenges. We will take you “behind the scenes” so that you can get a glimpse of the foundations that underpin today’s yoga classes, leading to a better understanding of why we perform practices such as asana, pranayama and meditation.
It is not all just theory and discussion – we will be spending a significant amount of time on actual practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation, so please bring along your yoga mats and a cushion to sit on
What we will be covering
- What is “Yoga” and the purpose of our existence according to yoga
- Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga System – Patanjali is often referred to as the forefather of modern yoga, as the vast majority of yoga classes offered today borrow from Patanjali’s teachings. We will take a look at the system he advocated, which will place asana, pranayama and meditation practices into context
- Practical yoga sessions, focussing on asana, pranayama and meditation
- How to apply yoga philosophy in daily life, especially the first two limbs of Patanjali’s system (called “Yamas” and “Niyamas” respectively) for living in harmony with ourselves and with others.
Potential benefits of attending – you will learn how to:
- Become healthier
- Sleep better
- Improve your relationships: with your loved ones, family, friends, work colleagues, other people
- Frown less and smile more:-)
- Reduce stress and become calmer
- Strengthen your resilience, willpower and emotional strength, thereby become better equipped to deal with the toughest challenges that life throws at you
- Be less bothered and irritated by situations and people, thereby becoming a more pleasant person to be around:-)
Date, Time, Price and Refunds Policy
When: Saturday 31 August 2013, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Where: United Reform Church of Eastcote, Bridle Road, HA5 2SH
Price: £40 (includes light refreshments, but please bring your own lunch)
If, for any reason you need to cancel your booking, then we will refund your money as follows:
- If you inform us before 21 August, then we will refund your payment minus £5 admin fee
- If you inform us between 21 and 28 August, we will refund your payment minus £10 admin fee
- If you inform us with less than 48 hour notice (i.e., after 28 Aug) then we will refund £20
As always, you are free to contact us for more details or clarification.